- Supreme Court of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- District of Colorado
- Northern District of Indiana
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Western Michigan
- Eastern District of Missouri
- District of New Mexico
- Northern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- Eastern District of Tennessee
- Middle District of Tennessee
- Western District of Tennessee
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Western District of Wisconsin
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
Collective and Class Actions
From the playground of Lipscomb Elementary in Dallas, TX to federal courtrooms throughout the United States, Jay has never been afraid to take on the biggest bullies. A natural advocate and former policy debate champion, Jay now leads Forester Haynie along with Matthew Haynie.
A fourth generation SMU Mustang (J.D.), Jay also holds a B.A. from the University of Michigan where he also completed a term of service with AmeriCorps in Dearborn and spent several semesters tutoring high school students in downtown Detroit. Prior to law school, he also received an M.A. from the George Washington University and worked for several years as a high school Spanish teacher in Metro DC. Since graduating from law school, he helped launch a website designed to assist lawyers learn Spanish.
Beyond his daily efforts to serve his clients and FH teammates, Jay also serves his community as an Advisory Board member of Mosaic Family Services, a Dallas-based non-profit where he was previously also a member of the Executive Committee, its inaugural legal extern, and an intern. Jay is a fellow of numerous bar foundations, has served as the Chair of Committees for both the State Bar of Texas and American Bar Association (ABA), and has also been elected to serve the North Texas legal community as its representative to both the Texas Young Lawyers Association and the ABA’s Young Lawyers Division.
Jay is a proud husband and father, member at Munger Place Church in East Dallas, and a founder of Forester Haynie’s #WorkShouldntSuck movement.
Southern Methodist University– Dedman School of Law, Dallas, TX
George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
◦ M.A. International Affairs
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
◦ B.A. Political Science
Awards and Recognition
Super Lawyers Rising Star 2022
D Magazine Best Under 40
Texas Young Lawyers Association
- American University Business Law Review, Volume 5, 2015, Issue 1, “The Joint Employer Standard after Browning-Ferris II & The 21st Century American Dream”
- The Vindobona Journal of International Commercial Law and Arbitration, 17 VJ (2), 2013, “Who Pays the Bill? Recoverability of Attorneys’ Fees Under the CISG”
- Texas Journal on Civil Liberties & Civil Rights, Volume 22, Number 2, Spring 2017, “The Future of Collective Employment Arbitration: Reconciling the FAA with the NLRA, FLSA, and Other Federal Rights”